Fall is officially here! I love the changing of the seasons, and there always seems to be an extra pep in my step when the cool mornings of fall begin to descend upon us (which, of course, sometimes doesn’t come until October here in Raleigh!). I have long adored making seasonal to-do lists (see my fall 2020, fall 2019, fall 2018, fall 2017, fall 2015, fall 2014, & fall 2013 lists here), and this year is no exception! I’m excited to see how we can make this season memorable, meaningful, and filled with as many happy new memories as we can. We also plan on spending as much time outdoors as possible before the cold of winter sets in and to soak up all this glorious season has to offer.
Autumn is definitely one of my favorite times of the year, and there is much to look forward to with the changing seasons. Now that it’s officially fall, I’m ready to welcome it with open arms! I adore the crisp air and crunchy leaves, the vibrant trees and leaves, anything and everything pumpkin and apple, constantly being outside enjoying the season, trips to the mountains, red wine and hot apple cider, the upcoming holidays… there is so much to look forward to as the season changes!
Fall 2021 Bucket List
- visit the mountains for a few days for a getaway we have planned to enjoy the fall foliage, time with just the two of us, lots of hikes, and enjoying the mountain views
- hike at Pilot Mountain amongst the autumn leaves and then go to a winery
- meet my parents halfway and go for a hike at a state park & enjoy a picnic together
- decorate our house and front porch for fall
- go apple picking
- host a chili dinner party on our deck
- celebrate six years of articles club
- enjoy cooler walks every single day
- play tennis a couple times a week
- enjoy our football Sunday traditions together
- go to the farmers market and cook a special seasonal meal together
- enjoy mornings and dinners on our deck
- make “thankful” treats for friends & family for Thanksgiving
- celebrate Thanksgiving with family
- bake several pumpkin and apple recipes (I have a long list already made!) and share with friends and neighbors
- make mulled red wine and salted caramel apple cider
I think that’s more than enough to include on our annual autumn bucket list, and we certainly plan on embracing this season, finding ways to be creative, finding joy, and having as much fun as we can while making new memories!
What are you most looking forward to this fall? I’d love to hear what you’re excited about!