Fall is, for sure, one of my favorite seasons of the year. I definitely love summertime and all that summer entails, but there’s something to be said about autumn. The beginning of each new season brings plenty of excitement and anticipation year after year, and I must admit that I’m very much looking forward to what this Fall will bring. After spending the last six years in Washington, DC, this is my first Fall in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area since college. I can only imagine how fun it will be to discover new local gems, events, activities… and with new friends, too!
Here are some of my tried and true yearly activities to thoroughly celebrate the season.. and a whole helping of new adventures to go on and new places to explore this year, too! Traditions are such a meaningful part of my life, and even though all of these traditions are with friends, they’re still incredibly special to me. I can’t wait to create new traditions in my new home (knowing that these things take time!) and to embrace this season of my life.
Fall To-Do List 2015
- annual all-things-pumpkin-and-apple day
- go apple picking
- visit a pumpkin patch or two
- host a chili & cornbread dinner party
- go to an Oktoberfest
- visit a winery, cidery, or brewery
- go hiking amongst the autumn leaves
- make “thankful” treats for friends & family for Thanksgiving
- bake an apple or pumpkin recipe from Southern Living
- see the fall foliage from the mountains
- introduce new friends to my delicious mulled red wine
What are you most looking forward to about Fall? Do you have any favorite traditions? I would love to hear… I’m always looking to add new things to my seasonal to-do lists!