September is here, which means Fall is just around the corner! I have long adored making seasonal to-do lists (my summer 2017 + fall 2015, fall 2014, fall 2013 to-do lists!), and this year in clearly no exception! It’s our first married fall, and we’ve really excited to embrace ime here in town to seek out new adventures, explore our area, revisit old favorites, and soak up all this season has to offer.
Fall is definitely one of my favorite times of the year, and there is much to look forward to with the changing seasons. I adore the crisp air and crunchy leaves, the vibrant trees and leaves, anything and everything pumpkin and apple, constantly being outside enjoying the season, wearing scarfs and boots and layers again, festivals and fairs, trips to the mountains…
Fall 2017 Checklist
- visit the mountains for a getaway weekend and see the fall foliage
- go apple picking
- visit a pumpkin patch or two
- host a chili & cornbread dinner party
- host a blind wine tasting party
- go to an Oktoberfest and/or the NC state fair
- visit a winery, cidery, or brewery (or all three)
- go hiking amongst the autumn leaves
- make “thankful” treats for friends & family for Thanksgiving
- celebrate Thanksgiving in Charlotte with my side of the family
- bake an apple or pumpkin recipe from Southern Living
- make mulled red wine
Whew! I think that’s more than enough to include on this year’s edition of my annual Fall Checklist! We are so lucky to live in an area that has so many fun activities going on, and I love getting out an exploring new-to-us areas and events, seeking out adventures, and spending time with loved ones.
What are you most looking forward to this autumn? Do you have anything new you’re itching to check out or try? And if you have any local favorites (in the Triangle of NC), you know I’m all ears to hear more suggestions and ideas!
If you want to host a fall dinner party or cook my favorite fall recipes or throw a chili + cornbread party – then don’t miss these wonderful posts from years past!
9 thoughts on “Fall 2017 To-Do List”
If you’ve never done a hike along the Eno, it’s one of my favorite hikes for fall foliage! 🙂
I have not – and NEED to!! Do you have a favorite spot to park/explore? We are really lacking on exploring the Eno and need all the tips we can get! Thanks, Em!!