- annual all-things-pumpkin-and-apple day
- go apple picking
- visit a pumpkin patch or two
- host a chili & cornbread dinner party
- attend the infamous Mount Vernon Fall Wine & Sunset Tour
- go to an Oktoberfest
- Taste of DC
- visit a winery and a cidery
- go hiking at Great Falls
- make “thankful” treats for friends for Thanksgiving
- bake an apple or pumpkin recipe from Southern Living
- see the fall foliage from the mountains
- visit Charlottesville for a fall-filled weekend
Fall is, for sure, one of my favorite seasons of the year. I love summertime and all of the activities that accompany it, but there’s something to be said about all the autumn offers. The beginning of each new season brings plenty of excitement and anticipation, and I must admit that I’m very much looking forward to what this Fall will bring. It’s my sixth (what?!) Fall in Washington, DC, and I’ve found plenty of gems each season. I could have an endless to-do list for each season, but there’s only so much time to accomplish everything I want to. So here are some of my tried and true activities and adventures to thoroughly celebrate the season.. and a few new goodies to enjoy, too! Traditions are such a meaningful part of my life, and even though all of these traditions are with my friends (or, affectionately, my “DC family”), they’re still incredibly special to me. I love having an annual all-things-pumpkin-and-apple day tradition with my dearest friends… and it’s so cool to see the new additions to the outing every year (and the losses with those who have moved away, unfortunately!) and to embrace this season of our lives.
What are you most looking forward to about Fall? Do you have any favorite traditions? I would love to hear… I’m always looking to add new things to my seasonal to-do lists!