September is here, which means Fall is just around the corner! I have long adored making seasonal to-do lists (see my fall 2017, fall 2015, fall 2014, fall 2013 lists here), and this year in clearly no exception! It’s our first fall in our new home, and we’ve really excited to embrace time here in town to seek out new adventures, explore our area, revisit old favorites, and soak up all this glorious season has to offer.
Fall is definitely one of my favorite times of the year, and there is much to look forward to with the changing seasons (even if it’s still hot here in North Carolina!). I adore the crisp air and crunchy leaves, the vibrant trees and leaves, anything and everything pumpkin and apple, constantly being outside enjoying the season, wearing scarfs and boots and layers again, festivals and fairs, trips to the mountains… there is so much to look forward to as the season changes!
Fall 2018 Checklist
- visit the mountains for a getaway weekend and see the fall foliage
- decorate our new house for fall, including our front porch
- go apple picking
- visit a pumpkin patch or two
- go to the beach with my family for a long-awaited family beach vacation
- host our first annual chili cook-off party
- host a blind wine tasting party
- enjoy mornings and dinners on our deck
- go to an Oktoberfest and/or the NC state fair
- go for lots of walks and play tennis
- visit a winery, cidery, or brewery (or all three)
- go hiking amongst the autumn leaves
- make “thankful” treats for friends & family for Thanksgiving
- celebrate Thanksgiving in Ohio with Rob’s side of the family
- bake several pumpkin and apple recipes (I have a long list already made!)
- make mulled red wine and salted caramel apple cider
Whew! I think that’s more than enough to include on this year’s edition of my annual Fall Checklist! We are so lucky to live in an area that has so many fun activities going on, and I love getting out an exploring new-to-us areas and events, seeking out adventures, and spending time with loved ones.
What are you most looking forward to this autumn? Do you have anything new you’re itching to check out or try? And if you have any local favorites (in the Triangle of NC), you know I’m all ears to hear more suggestions and ideas!
If you want to host a fall dinner party or cook my favorite fall recipes or throw a chili + cornbread party – then don’t miss these wonderful posts from years past!
14 thoughts on “Fall 2018 To-Do List”
Fall beach trip?
That too! I updated my to-do list – and I cannot wait!!
A great part about fall in the South – a beach trip can be a legitimate part of the season! 🙂
I totally agree! We usually have week-long family beach vacations in September — this year in October — and the weather is still so beautiful!
Such a fun list! It was cool here yesterday (55?) and it made me VERY excited for the fun to unfold this season here in the Midwest where fall hits hard; even if it’s done with a new baby in tow! Happy fall, Steph! Xo
I can’t believe you’re so, so close to having your second baby!! I couldn’t be happier for the growing Bosse family and all of the fun that’s to come with two sweet boys. What a wonderful autumn it’s going to be — filled with lots of wonder and excitement, I’m sure! xoxox
I’m excited to come visit! Your list is so much fun! 🙂
Ditto, ditto! It’s such an amazing time of year here, and we cannot wait to have y’all in town!!!