Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year, no doubt about it. It’s filled with so much magic, anticipation, festivity, and childlike wonder. I am definitely one of those people who can’t get enough of any and everything Christmas, and it’s officially the Christmas season now! I have this things with season to-do lists, as you well know by now, and this Christmas is no exception (see past lists from 2018, 2017, 2015, 2014, 2013)! It’s now my fifth Christmastime in Raleigh, and I’ve acquired a few favorite activities to add to our bucket list – and a few new ones to check off, too!
- send out our Christmas cards (featuring pictures from our Grand Canyon trip!)
- volunteer several times throughout the month
- Duke Chapel for their annual Christmas chorale concert + sing-a-long
- watch Home Alone while eating a cheese pizza and drinking Coke (a la Kevin McCallister)
- go see the Nutcracker, a beloved annual tradition
- host a Christmas movie + Christmas cookie party (and bake lots of Christmas cookies + watch lots of Christmas movies all month long)
- get a Christmas tree for our house and decorate both the inside and outside of our home (I couldn’t be more excited about this!!)
- go to Rob’s real estate firm’s office Christmas party
- enjoy a quiet date night at home with the Christmas tree lit + egg nog
- learn how to make our families’ special fudge recipe from Rob’s mom
- celebrate at our church’s Christmas party
- host a Christmas cocktail party and/or brunch
- go to the Holiday Market at the Carolina Inn, followed by a trip to Fearrington Village
- explore new-to-us Christmas festivities in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill
- double date night at the Haymaker’s fabulous Christmas pop-up bar
- celebrate this year + look forward to 2020 with a fancy at-home date night with Rob
- find meaningful ways to give at Christmas
- have lots of fun spending Christmas in Ohio with family!
- joyfully + meaningfully celebrate Christ’s birth, the true reason for the season
If you’re local and have any favorite events or festivities you love, be sure to let me know! I’m always on the hunt for Christmas activities to enjoy around town.
Do you have any favorite Christmas traditions? I’d love to hear what’s especially meaningful for you!
5 thoughts on “Christmas 2019 To-Do List”
Love this list!! It’s our first Christmas in Raleigh ever, so I am so excited to finally do a bunch of these things as well!
That’s so exciting!! We likely will never (for the foreseeable future!) be home for Christmas itself, but I love doing as much as possible before we head out of town to visit family. I keep seeing fun things for kiddos around town that I’ve been bookmarking for the future — and that I bet Charlie would love. I bet this year is especially magical through his eyes! xoxox