Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year, no doubt about it. It’s filled with so much magic, anticipation, festivity, and childlike wonder. I am definitely one of those people who can’t get enough of any and everything Christmas, and it’s officially the Christmas season now! I have this things with season to-do lists, as you well know by now, and this Christmas is no exception! It’s now my third Christmastime in Raleigh, and I’ve acquired a few favorite activities to add to our bucket list – and a few new ones to check off, too!
- send out our first married Christmas card
- volunteer several times throughout the month (both with my regular volunteering + some seasonal events, too)
- Duke Chapel for their annual Christmas chorale concert + sing-a-long
- see the Nutcracker, an annual tradition (we’re going to UNC’s Memorial Hall this year!)
- host a Christmas movie + Christmas cookie party (and bake lots of Christmas cookies + watch lots of Christmas movies all month long)
- get our first married Christmas tree
- enjoy a quiet date night at home with the Christmas tree lit + egg nog
- learn how to make our families’ special fudge recipe from Rob’s mom
- celebrate at our church’s Christmas party
- go on a surprise roadtrip one day
- explore new-to-us Christmas festivities in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill
- Angus Barn date night with Rob to celebrate this year + look forward to 2018
- find meaningful ways to give at Christmas
- have lots of fun spending Christmas in Pennsylvania with the whole Shaul family!
- joyfully + meaningfully celebrate Christ’s birth, the true reason for the season
If you’re local and have any favorite events or festivities you love, be sure to let me know! I’m definitely on the hunt for Christmas activities to enjoy around town.
Do you have any favorite Christmas traditions? I’d love to hear what’s especially meaningful for you!