Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year, no doubt about it. It’s filled with so much magic, anticipation, festivity, and childlike wonder. I am definitely one of those people who can’t get enough of any and everything Christmas, and it’s officially the Christmas season now! I have this things with season to-do lists, as you well know by now, and this Christmas is no exception! It’s now my fourth Christmastime in Raleigh, and I’ve acquired a few favorite activities to add to our bucket list – and a few new ones to check off, too!
- send out our Christmas card (I’m going with Ivy + Linen cards this year, with new photos by Ally + Bobby!)
- volunteer several times throughout the month (both with my regular volunteering + some seasonal events, too)
- Duke Chapel for their annual Christmas chorale concert + sing-a-long
- see the Nutcracker, a beloved annual tradition
- host a Christmas movie + Christmas cookie party (and bake lots of Christmas cookies + watch lots of Christmas movies all month long)
- get our first Christmas tree for our new house! and decorate both the inside and outside of our home (I couldn’t be more excited about this!!)
- enjoy a quiet date night at home with the Christmas tree lit + egg nog
- learn how to make our families’ special fudge recipe from Rob’s mom
- celebrate at our church’s Christmas party
- host a Christmas cocktail party and/or brunch
- go to the Holiday Market at the Carolina Inn, followed by a trip to Fearrington Village
- explore new-to-us Christmas festivities in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill
- double date night at the Haymaker’s fabulous Christmas pop-up bar
- celebrate this year + look forward to 2019 with a fancy at-home date night with Rob
- find meaningful ways to give at Christmas
- have lots of fun spending Christmas in Charlotte with my family!
- joyfully + meaningfully celebrate Christ’s birth, the true reason for the season
If you’re local and have any favorite events or festivities you love, be sure to let me know! I’m definitely on the hunt for Christmas activities to enjoy around town.
Do you have any favorite Christmas traditions? I’d love to hear what’s especially meaningful for you!