Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year, no doubt about it. I am definitely one of those people who can’t get enough of any and everything Christmas! No shame. As I have mentioned multiple times (like here), I adore making seasonal to-do lists filled to the brim with adventures and activities in and around Washington, DC. This will be my sixth Christmastime in the city, and I like to think I know a thing or two about festive happenings and what to do during December to get you in the holiday spirit!
- pack Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes with friends
- volunteer at my church’s clothing shop Christmas extravaganza + Angel Tree sorting
- visit gorgeous Middleburg for the Christmas parade
- visit the White House Christmas tree
- go to the DAR Christmas open house
- Tour & Tasting at the Dumbarton House in Georgetown
- Kennedy Center for a Christmas performance (hopefully The Nutcracker)
- Old Town Alexandria for the Christmas boat parade & holiday market
- Georgetown at Christmas (including a Georgetown Cupcake) + our annual evening at the Ritz
- host a Christmas movie + Christmas cookie decorating party
- host a tacky Christmas sweater party
- enjoy a quiet night at home with the Christmas tree lit + egg nog
- visit the National Cathedral for Advent
- Botanic Gardens + Capitol Christmas tree + Eastern Market
- Holiday Market in Chinatown
- Zoo Lights
- mail handmade Christmas cards
- spend 16 glorious days at home in North Carolina with my family & friends!
What’s on your Christmas to-do list?! Do you have any favorite traditions or activities that you must do each and every year?