Spring is officially here, and I couldn’t be more ecstatic for the arrival of my favorite season! It signals the return of sandals and sundresses, picnics and meals al fresco, tennis season, festivals, flowers exploding into bloom all over the place, warm sunshine on my skin, embracing outdoor adventures and road trips, longer days and long walks, and so many of the things I love the most. Spring is most definitely my season, and I feel like I’m in a perpetually happy mood! I love making seasonal to-do lists (as evidenced in 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013), and Rob and I have been brainstorming what we want to check off this Spring’s annual bucket list of fun! Wedding season, for me, is definitely in full swing, but we’re definitely going to be embracing time when we can to seek out new adventures, explore our area, revisit old favorites, and soak up all this season has to offer, especially before the intense heat and humidity of summer really kick in!
Without further ado, here is this year’s Spring Checklist:
- celebrate our first anniversary!!! (can’t wait to share more on this soon!)
- celebrate Easter and the resurrection of Christ
- go to the farmer’s market often + cook lots of seasonal meals and desserts using Spring’s bounty
- plant our own little herb garden
- walk around Lake Johnson (where we had our second date!) and kayak
- visit Charlottesville (our fave!) for a winery weekend with friends
- go to Umstead Park for a long walk and picnic
- take a spontaneous day trip to the beach
- visit the WRAL Azalea Gardens
- pick strawberries
- make lots of desserts and cocktails with said berries
- check out lots of local festivals
- go to Whiskey Kitchen and Hummingbird in Raleigh
- visit NYC for my sister’s graduation from her masters at NYU
- play tennis 2x a month (and mixed doubles, too!)
- host a Spring dinner party
I think that’s more than enough to include on this year’s edition of my annual Spring checklist! We are so lucky to live in an area that has so many fun activities going on, and I love getting out an exploring new-to-us areas and events, seeking out adventures, and spending time with loved ones during such a beautiful season.
What are you most looking forward to this Spring? Do you have anything new you’re itching to check out or try? And if you have any local favorites (in the Triangle of NC), you know I’m all ears to hear more suggestions and ideas!
10 thoughts on “Spring 2018 To-Do List”
These are such good ideas – I love the spring time!
We are also hoping to make a trip to see the Duke Gardens (I’ve never been!). We also want to go to a Durham Bulls game before it gets too warm – I’m admittedly not the biggest baseball fan, but their food is really good, and the fireworks show they do on weekends is so fun! And, tickets are inexpensive, so it’s a great and cheap way to enjoy the outdoors!
We love going to Durham Bulls games!! They’re so inexpensive (especially on $1 concessions night – ha!) and really fun. Duke Gardens is simply beautiful, too. We went one day last year and loved exploring it!
I so miss playing tennis!!
I do, too!! It’s been far too long with all of the cold weather. I’m determined to in the next week or two – and hopefully a few times. If y’all are ever up for a tennis date, let me know!