Spring is officially here as of today, and I couldn’t be more ecstatic for the arrival of my absolute favorite season! It signals the return of sandals and sundresses, picnics and meals al fresco, tennis season, festivals, flowers exploding into bloom all over the place, warm sunshine on my skin, embracing outdoor adventures and road trips, longer days and long walks, and so many of the things I love the most. Spring is most definitely my season, and I feel like I’m in a perpetually happy mood! I love making seasonal to-do lists (as evidenced in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, and 2013), and Rob and I have been brainstorming what we want to check off this Spring’s annual bucket list of fun! Wedding season, for me, is definitely in full swing, but we’re definitely going to be embracing time when we can to seek out new adventures, explore our area, revisit old favorites, and soak up all this season has to offer, especially before the intense heat and humidity of summer really kick in!
Without further ado, here is this year’s Spring Checklist:
- celebrate our second anniversary in Charleston!!
- celebrate Easter and the resurrection of Christ
- go to the farmer’s market often + cook lots of seasonal meals and desserts using Spring’s bounty
- plant our own little herb garden on our back deck
- plant roses in our yard (and learn how to garden much better!)
- walk around Lake Johnson (where we had our second date!) and kayak
- visit Charlottesville (our fave!) for a bachelorette weekend!
- go to Umstead Park for a long walk and picnic
- take a spontaneous day trip to the beach
- visit the WRAL Azalea Gardens
- pick strawberries at a local farm
- make lots of desserts and cocktails with said berries
- check out lots of local festivals
- visit as many outdoor patios at fun spots around Raleigh
- host my in-laws at our home + enjoy Spring in North Carolina with them
- play tennis 2x a month
- walk around our neighborhood every evening that we’re home
- host a Spring dinner party
I think that’s more than enough to include on this year’s edition of my annual Spring checklist! We are so lucky to live in an area that has so many fun activities going on, and I love getting out an exploring new-to-us areas and events, seeking out adventures, and spending time with loved ones during such a beautiful season. It’s our first Spring in our house, and we can’t wait to enjoy this season at our home!
What are you most looking forward to this Spring? Do you have anything new you’re itching to check out or try? And if you have any local favorites (in the Triangle of NC), you know I’m all ears to hear more suggestions and ideas!