September is here, friends! I always associate September with school starting back up, the impending arrival of autumn, and getting back into routines and rhythms (and wedding season!). How did your August go? I shared all that we were up to in August yesterday, and I also loved reviewing my August goals, which I happily crossed most everything off the list last month! We had fun trips to the mountains of North Carolina with lots of our couple friends, as well as a weekend in the sunshine at Carolina Beach. It was a productive yet relaxing and fun month before the craziness of the fall wedding season arrives, and I tried to use my time in August wisely. It’s also our five month wedding anniversary today, which always coincides perfectly with the renewal of each month!!
As you’re reading this, I’m busy finishing packing for our back-to-back trips to NYC to visit my sister and brother-in-law (and go to the US Open!), and then we’re heading straight to the Outer Banks for the rest of the week! You can follow along on our family vacation over on Instagram, if you’d like to. And once we return… wedding season is most definitely in full swing with so much goodness on the radar. Here’s to our last big hurrah of Summer 2017!
- Enjoy every moment of our vacation week in NYC + OBX! Savor loads of quality time with our families, enjoy the juxtaposing settings of the city + the beach, and relax as much as possible.
- Create (and share) a Fall 2017 to-do list.
- Celebrate Rob’s birthday with great excitement and love him well. I have a surprise or two up my sleeves!
- Finish planning and go on our anniversary getaway to one of my very favorite destinations! Our one year engagement anniversary and six month wedding anniversary are the same day, and we plan on celebrating this wholeheartedly.
- Serve selflessly and joyfully at our church and with the child development center at the Raleigh Rescue Mission.
- Decorate our first married home for fall and think of some small but fun ways to celebrate the season!
- Leave my phone in another room when we’re home at night.
- Enjoy the slightly cooler weather by eating dinners at home outside, going on regular evening walks, and playing tennis.
- Love on and serve one of our married/young parent friends well by baby-sitting so they can go on a date night! This is something we really want to do much more often.
- Make the full switch over to my new website! It is quite the process changing everyyyything over to Stephanie Shaul Events.
- Share SO much more of our wedding!! This both personal + business… and oh so very exciting!
- Celebrate and serve my couples well in their season of engagement.
- Plan ahead as much as possible for my Fall 2017 weddings so that I set myself up well for October and November.
- Book two new 2018 weddings.
How can I encourage you in your goals or cheer you on? What are you most excited for in the coming month? I’m still loving summertime, and I can’t wait to spend a long week in NYC and the Outer Banks before returning to work!!
One thought on “September 2017 Goals”
I already know that offering to babysit for one of our neighborhood friends who just had their first baby will go on my October goals! Hoping we’ll be able to swap off in the future, ha! 🙂