August is here, which is a welcome respite for me from weddings! July was a busy one with a friend’s wedding in Charlotte, trip to Ohio to visit family, two weddings in Chapel Hill (Angela + Jason’s and Anna + Jeff’s), and lots of fun times in between. I rounded up many of our favorite July activities, and we’ve been crossing lots of the summertime bucket list. July was all about trying to balance out the busy-ness of work (did I mention I was the florist for my Carolina Inn wedding, as well as the full planner and stylist?!) with savoring the fun summertime season and longer days. I have been really intentional about stepping completely away from my computer/work at nights and on the weekends (minus wedding days, of course!), as I want to fully be present with Rob and with our friends/family. I guard our time together, work very hard during the day, and set boundaries with work, which has served us both really well – while knowing I’m serving my clients well, too!
In August, I have zero weddings (work or friends), and it’s a nice break to have a few free weekends in the near future! I have the honor of being a panelist at the Creative at Heart Conference in just a few days, which is happily being held just down the street our our beloved wedding venue, the Merrimon Wynne. We’re going to the mountains for a weekend getaway with friends, and we definitely plan on taking another day trip to the beach this month. I may or may not be working on a fun birthday surprise for my sweet husband, too! August, let’s see what else you have in store…
- Leave my phone in another room if we’re hanging out at home in the evenings – or in my purse if we’re out and about.
- We started serving with the greeting/welcome team at church, and we’re scheduled for two Sundays in August – hooray! I want to serve gratefully, selflessly, and joyfully. And I’m also hoping to start volunteering with Raleigh Rescue Mission this month!
- Host a dinner party + game night and a casual cookout at the pool.
- Enjoy a getaway weekend in the mountains with friends and soak up quality time together in nature.
- Plan a birthday suprise for Rob and love him wholeheartedly! (His birthday is in September when we’re in the Outer Banks.)
- Really be intentional about the friendships and relationships in my life (sending snail mail, planning friend dates, little surprises, praying for friends)
- I hurt my ankle some over the last few weeks, so stretch and rest it enough so that I can play tennis again bi-weekly with our friends! And go on regular evening walks.
- Cross a bunch of things off our summer bucket list (still on the top of our list: kayak and Fearrington Village)
- Have my intern work on and post two new blog series ideas + continue blogging at least three times a week
- I’ve recently overhauled and updated my packages and pricing structure, and I need to finalize my pricing guide. Work on this ASAP so that I can send it to my wedding inquiries for 2018!
- Book two additional 2018 weddings.
- Plan the rest of my Fall 2017 weddings well and work ahead whenever possible during this “slower” month.
- Work on the back-end of my business since I don’t have the pressing urgency of a wedding this month: updates systems, streamline processes, update my portfolio and website.
- I’m a panelist and breakout session leader for the Creative at Heart Conference here in Raleigh next week, which is such an honor. I attended this conference almost two years ago in Charleston, so it’s especially sweet to be asked to be a part of it. I want to be fully present while I’m there, encourage/share/advise to the best of my abilities, and to give it my all.
How did your July shape up? And what does August hold in store for you? I’m looking forward to a slightly slower month, celebrating four months of marriage (today!), and spending time doing some of the things I love the most!