We are almost halfway through 2017, y’all! June has long been a favorite month of mine, especially with the official start of summertime. In the past six months, we soaked up our engagement, I met my 2017 wedding client goal by January, we celebrated with lots of our wedding festivities, we traveled a lot, I turned 30 and spent the weekend celebrating at my bachelorette party in Charlottesville, we GOT MARRIED (!!!!), we went on our honeymoon in Antigua, we’re blissfully settling into married life, and now wedding season is in full swing.
All that to say… I suppose that’s the reason why I haven’t blogged my monthly goals in exactly ONE YEAR. (Gasp. I used to consistently blog my goals every single month for years!!) I’m hoping to get much more into a routine of writing my monthly goals, both personal and business, and sharing them again (accountability, y’all!). I have long loved monthly and yearly goal setting, and I have learned a lot about how to find movitation and drive to get important things finished well.
- Order our wedding photo canvas (the start to our new gallery wall)
- Read three books
- Play tennis weekly (and find friends to play mixed doubles with)
- Travel to Charlotte (twice for friends’ weddings) and Charleston (a client wedding)
- Enjoy a daytrip to the beach with my husband
- Get outside often (meals outside, reading on our porch, walks and runs, playing tennis, farmer’s market, and the pool)
- Cross a bunch of things off our summer bucket list (top of the list: outdoor movie, outdoor concert, Whiskey Kitchen, kayak, and Fearrington Village)
- Host a casual cookout at our pool
- Host articles club at my home, one of my favorite monthly activities
- Get even more involved in our church through members night, serving on the creative team, and investing more in our weekly community group
- Book our flights to NYC for Labor Day + the US Open!
- Travel to Charleston for a client’s wedding and serve them well their entire wedding weekend. It’s going to be a big one, y’all… and so gorgeous, too!
- Continue blogging three times a week (Is there anything in particular you’d like for me to write about, friends?!)
- Officially change my business name from Stephanie Scholl Events to Stephanie Shaul Events! (Since the day I knew Rob and I were going to be married, this has been the plan… but it’s a long process! I definitely want to switch my business name to my new last name, even though it’s such a subtle last name update.)
- Update my website and logo (the logo has actually already been updated, but I haven’t shared it yet!) with my new business name
- Book two new 2018 weddings
- Create new content for the blog and for my business
- Train and lead my new interns well – they are fabulous ladies that are already a tremendous help to my wedding days
I think those are sufficient goals for now, and I’m already digging into them in hopes of accomplishing a lot this month. What are you most hoping to cross of your to-do list this month? What motivates you the most? I would love to hear and help encourage you, too!
6 thoughts on “June 2017 Goals”
So many fun plans and travels coming up! 🙂 Excited that you’ve revived your monthly goal posts and your blog, Steph! You’ll have to share if you find some great reads! 🙂
I thought you might be excited – ha! Lots of fun and lots of travels this summer… can’t wait!!
I’m particularly excited about booking those NYC flights for Labor Day 😀
Hooray!!! Ahh we cannot wait to see y’all again! Love you!!
One of the things I miss most about pre-baby life is our monthly tennis dates with the Terhunes! We kept it up with just one baby between us, and did a few after June arrived, but haven’t played since Ramsey’s arrival. Hoping to revive them some day soon!!
Tennis dates are the best!! I hope you’re able to get back into a rhythm + routines with the Terhunes! If y’all ever need a backup tennis pair, let us know 🙂