Happy November, y’all! Where oh where has 2015 gone?! October was such a full and wonderful month, for the most part (minus some devastating family news), and it went by in the blink of an eye. I didn’t really have time to slow down (but we all know I thrive off of being busy!), and it was filled with so much progress, especially for Stephanie Scholl Events – and I’m so, so glad. I had a big wedding in Chapel Hill, traveled to Bald Head Island for a styled shoot, have received images back from a couple styled shoots (I.can’t.even!!!), hosted a baby shower, went to Ohio for several days to see family, and so much more. Whew!
My October goals are here, and while they were rather ambitious, I am proud to say that they are mostly complete! It was a busy, productive, and eventful month, especially for my business. I didn’t quite get to finishing four books (free time is harder to come by than I thought), and I’m postponing volunteering regularly (at a local elementary school!) til December, since I’m gone most of November. I feel especially accomplished because my business goals for October are all checked off, which might be a minor miracle!! I credit a lot of that productivity to having creative friends/accountability business groups who encourage me daily and really do hold me accountable. I’m pretty sure all of us had the most productive month! I was also asked to write an article for The School of Styling on tips for establishing yourself and your business in a new city, which was such an honor!
Now, November… goodness. My goals for the month are going to be simple, as it’s maybe the busiest month ever. I’m traveling something like 20 days this month – I have the Making Things Happen Conference, a wedding in Washington DC + visiting friends there, the Southern Weddings launch party, a Christmas styled shoot, several days in Charleston for the Creative at Heart Conference, a trip to Chicago, and then seven days in NYC with my family for Thanksgiving!! So, needless to say, the ten or so days I’m in town will be catching up and prepping for the next thing. I’m glad I’m organized and love having a full calendar + travels! I’m so grateful for all of this.
- Go into both Making Things Happen and Creative at Heart with an open mind & open heart; ready to soak up and learn so much. Connect with others, refine my business, and set actionable goals for its direction and growth. And have fun!
- Enjoy a long weekend in DC with some of my best friends & spend much-needed time with them (and at a winery, hooray!).
- Continue connecting with new friends (in the wedding industry and outside of it) in the Triangle, including hosting Articles Club with Emily!
- Have a blast at the Southern Weddings V8 Launch Party – hooray!
- Pull off a fabulous, festive, and meaningful Christmas styled shoot with the wonderful Ally King Photography.
- Open a business bank account & continue working with my (newly hired!) bookkeeper + accountant.
- Travel to Chicago and be fully present with my family during a difficult time, and enjoy time together despite hard circumstances.
- Fully embrace and live out this month of thanksgiving and gratitude, and intentionally show others how I’m grateful for them.
- Begin working on Christmas cards!
- Have a blast in NYC for a week with my family! I love NYC at the holidays, and I can’t wait to spend time there for Thanksgiving with my sister, brother in law, and parents!
- “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances.” – 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
What about you, friends? What are you up to in November? I’d love to hear your goals and how I can encourage you with them!
4 thoughts on “November 2015 Goals”
That IS a lot of travel – always is special to see you!
I love that we chose the same bible verse!! 🙂 Excited for you and all the amazing things coming up this month!! Can’t wait to hear about your experience at MTH and party with you at the SWV8 Launch party!!
What are the odds we’d choose the same one?! Thankful for you and your encouragement, Robyn!!!