Happy September, friends!
I think with every passing month I always want to stop and wonder where the year has gone! September, with the slightest hint of autumn in the air and that back to school feeling, always seems like a month of refresh. I have long loved them month of September, and I’m very much looking forward to all that this month holds.
August turned out to be an interesting month. I loved my week in Charleston for The School of Styling + a mini vacation, so that kicked off the month on a great note! And then I moved to Raleigh, y’all! So that’s super exciting, and I’m thrilled to be back home in North Carolina. I definitely miss my friends in DC and the city itself, but I’m also embracing all that the Triangle has to offer! The biggest downside to August, and it was a doozy, was the actual move itself. I’ll save that miserable saga for another day, but going twelve unexpected days without any of my things (bed, clothes, everything.) was not easy. But through it all, I also felt SO loved and cared for by countless kind people – friends, family, new friends, and even strangers. More on that another time. Suffice it to say, I’m ecstatic that my things have arrived and I feel like I can really settle in and dig deep. August felt like a month filled with transitions and waiting (not my forte!), and I am thankful for so many good moments and loving people!
- Travel to NYC to visit my sister and brother-in-law (aka two of my favorite people on the planet!) AND go to the US Open!!
- Explore Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill so much more: find new running and biking trails, check out fun events and activities, try new restaurants (you can bet I have a running list!)
- Find a church home (hopefully!) and get connected
- Join a tennis league (or at least find people to play with regularly)
- Get outside as much as possible: pool, tennis, running, biking, meals outside, walks with friends
- Cook often and buy fresh ingredients
- Find a Farmer’s Market and stock up on seasonal produce
- Host a dinner party (who wants to join?!)
- Read at least four books
- Finish decorating my new home (and possibly have it photographed/featured?) – y’all, I love it!!!
- Make Stephanie Scholl Events an official LLC
- Plan out two styled shoots that I am SO excited about (with Blue Barn Photography & Robyn Van Dyke Photography!)
- Explore 17 Hats more & decide if it’s a good fit for my business
- Bring an intern/assistant on board, potentially
- Book weddings for 2016
- Read one new business book (I’d love your suggestions!)
- Settle into a work routine during my work days and have a solid morning routine to get my day started off on the right foot
- Connect with other creatives and wedding professionals in the area (so excited about a few opportunities to do this!!)
- Decide on client gifts and refine the SSE client experience
- Connect, connect, connect!
Now that September is here and this past weekend’s wedding is wrapped up, I’m excited to dive in and make this month fruitful, productive, and intentional. I would love to cheer you on, too – link up to your goals, if you’d like!! And… what’s the one thing you’re most excited for in September? I know many are excited that autumn is on its ways!