Happy 2014, y’all! I hope you’re excited to kick off another year – I know I’m excited about what’s in store and I can’t wait to see where God takes me throughout the upcoming year!
I have always loved making goals (daily, monthly, yearly, lifelong, etc), and it’s fun to reflect on all that happened in 2013 and to set more goals for what you’d like to see happen in 2014. Among many other things, some of my goals (that I have always tried to practice – they’re not necessarily new resolutions just because it’s the first day of the year!) are:
- launch a new side business (details coming soon!)
- travel someplace new
- write & send even more handwritten letters
- learn calligraphy
- open an Etsy shop, perhaps
- cook more meals from scratch
- volunteer regularly again
- be a better steward of my money – spend less on myself, give more, and save more
- read my Bible + Jesus Calling and write in my gratitude journal daily
- read 52 books (including more non-fiction and classics)
- be more intentional about scheduling time to exercise
- laugh more
And my overarching goal for 2014:
For an excellent series on goal setting and making what matters happen/making LIFE happen in 2014, I would highly recommend you check out Lara Casey’s blog posts here. I have long loved Lara’s blog and posts on making things happen, and I think you will, too! It’s not about making trivial resolutions to cross off next week or forget about in a month. It’s about making what matters the most to you really HAPPEN in your year. Check it out, for sure – I know your outlook and year will definitely be changed for the better!