I love to-do lists, and setting attainable goals is a great way to organize my goals for each month & then cross those items off my to-do list. Summertime is one of those seasons, at least for me, where there is so much going on, and I don’t seem to have time to stop and slow down. Summer isn’t nearly over yet, but August seems like a great time to hit pause and refresh myself… and write down some monthly goals! I’ve been traveling every weekend (except two!) since mid-May, so I’ve seriously been living out of my suitcase and living week-to-week. I absolutely have loved the last two months, but it’s been a bit of a whirlwind!
- enjoy being in DC for most weekends & check several items off my summer to-do list
- read The Kitchen House, The Ragamuffin Gospel, James: Mercy Triumphs, American Wife, & Moloka’i
- go to the Farmer’s Market at least twice and cook more meals/desserts from scratch
- renew my passport – Europe Trip 2014 (!!)
- play tennis often & possibly join a tennis league
- paint an abstract canvas + hopefully paint our living room (navy!)
- practice calligraphy & look into calligraphy classes
- research a new place to volunteer
- send snail mail to 10 people
- “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances” -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Do you like to set goals? What are your goals right now? I’d love to hear what you’re prioritizing and focusing on! Hopefully writing these down- and sharing them with others- will hold me even more accountable than usual. I’ll be sure to follow up with you next month!
3 thoughts on “August Goals”
Those sound like some amazing goals!! Good luck with them! 🙂