Happy July, y’all! The 4th of July is just around the corner (one of my all-time favorite holidays!), wedding season is in full swing, & summertime is oh so sweet! I can’t believe 2016 if officially halfway over, but I’m trying to soak in + savor it all. Give me all the fresh peaches + berries, please!!
I traveled to Charleston (venue walk-through + engagement session), Carolina Beach (day trip with Rob), and Charlotte (Jordan + Errett’s wedding) this past month, and July holds travels to Ohio (our 4th of July tradition!), Richmond (reunion with best friends), Portsmouth, VA (venue walk-through), another trip to the beach, and a huge wedding in Chapel Hill! June was also filled with lots of tennis, pool time, grilling out/cookouts, Durham Bulls game, fun times with friends, lots of girls nights + wine nights, learning how to shag to beach music, and baby showers/babies on the way for close friends!
In terms of work, June held a wonderful, beautiful, meaningful wedding in Charlotte for Jordan and Errett, The School of Styling Summer Bash, lots of day-long wedding planning meetings with brides who traveled into town, cake + catering tastings, lots of timelines, prep for July weddings, a trip to Charleston, a few mentoring + coaching sessions, great coffee dates, and continuing to work with my fabulous intern, Janna! Have you noticed my blog has been brought back to life?!
- Cook a new seasonal recipe + make ice cream from scratch
- Introduce Rob to ALL of my family & celebrate the 4th of July in Ohio (the best!) – seriously cannot wait for our trip up north!
- Host a cocktail party/game night
- Continue crossing things off our summer bucket list
- Go to an outdoor movie and to Fridays on the Front Porch at the Carolina Inn
- Really be intentional about the friendships and relationships in my life, especially in the midst of a busy season (sending snail mail, planning friend dates, little surprises, praying for friends)
- “He must become greater; I must become less.” – John 3:30
- Execute a flawless wedding for Kate & Eric in Chapel Hill at the Chapel of the Cross + Carolina Inn
- Officially introduce my intern, Janna, on my blog + have her assist at her first wedding with me
- Have two more editorial shoots featured/published (after doing 15 in six months, these are the last 2 to submit!)
- Update my business journal regularly
- Celebrate one year of taking Stephanie Scholl Events full time!!
- Continue booking 2017 brides & strategize my marketing
I’d love to know – do you have any goals set for the month as July kicks off?! I can’t wait for the 4th of July celebrations, beginning now!