This is my first Spring & summer living in Raleigh (I did go to college just down the road in Chapel Hill, but it’s been seven years since graduating!). I am a huge fan of seasonal to-do lists, and I had one for every season + every year while living in Washington, DC for six years. It’ll be so fun to explore a whole new city (or three, if you include Durham + Chapel Hill, which I am!) and find so many new adventures to go on. There’s not much better than getting out and about to explore your city; finding hidden gems, well-known favorites, and experiencing fun events + activities with your people!
Spring + Summer 2016 in Raleigh
- go on a picnic (or ten!)
- strawberry picking
- see an outdoor movie
- go shagging at North Hills on a Thursday night
- take a spontaneous trip to the beach
- go to the State farmer’s market
- grow herbs (+ make fun cocktails with them!)
- go peach picking
- Fridays on the Front Porch at the Carolina Inn
- ice cream at Mapleview Farms
- walk around Fearrington Village
- Durham Bulls baseball game
- explore Duke Gardens
- try a couple new breweries
- play tennis weekly
- hike Umstead Park
- swim at the Eno River State Park
- enjoy an afternoon at Pullen Park
- bike the American Tobacco Trail
- make ice cream
- host an outdoor dinner party or cookout
- go to outdoor concerts
- Jordan Lake
I’ve been doing a little research, and I think this is a pretty good start to what’s sure to be a fun Spring + summer! What am I missing, friends?! I’m sure there are so many more activities and adventures to add to this list, and let me know any of your favorites!
4 thoughts on “Spring + Summer 2016 in Raleigh To-Do”
I love this list! I’m feeling inspired now!
Yay!! I’m so glad to hear!