Happy February, friends! January seemed to fly by in the blink of an eye, for sure. It was a full month for me, and I’ve decided there’s never really an off-season when you run your own business! My sister & brother in law came down from NYC for a really fun weekend, I spent lots of time with friends, went on about 25 coffee dates/meetings, I officially added a few new services (styling, brand styling/shoots, and coaching) to Stephanie Scholl Events, I pulled off two big styled shoots (one a sunrise anniversary celebration in the snow & one a Valentine’s inspired bridal shower soiree!), and I was invited to participate in the Carolina Inn Bridal Showcase! It was a busy January, especially in regards to business things, but I also managed to enjoy the month… especially when Raleigh was snowed in for two days!
I’m excited about the arrival of February and what this month has in store… I have a beach trip planned with my Making Things Happen power group, and I’m also thinking about a trip up north, too! And can we talk about the Panthers + the Super Bowl for a second?! So excited!! I have a couple styled shoots coming up this month, will hopefully confirm a few more brides for 2016 AND 2017, and want to fine-tune and streamline some aspects of my business, too!
February 2016 Goals
- Start volunteering (at my church’s nursery & in a local school) – this is SO important to me, and I put off beginning for way too many months after moving here
- Pull of a couple exciting styled shoots
- Work on taxes with my accountant (dreading this)
- Say no to some things so I can say yes to better things!
- Play tennis and run often (and put these things on my calendar)
- Become a North Carolinian (I’ve also put this off for too long!)
- Enjoy a trip to Emerald Isle and possibly NYC and/or DC!
- Continue using my prayer journal regularly
- Read for fun!
- Confirm at least three more brides for 2016 + 2017
- Think of a selfless or giving way to celebrate my birthday
- “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
What about you?! I would love to hear what you’re focusing on this month and how I can encourage you, too!