Well. July was an incredible month FILLED with some huge announcements + changes! I don’t even know where to begin, but let’s just say I am thankful!! I wrapped up a two week vacation at the beginning of July, came back from vacation and resigned from my non-profit job, finished up my last days at that job I’ve been at for three years, took Stephanie Scholl Events full-time!, announced my move to Raleigh, NC, spent four days in Charlottesville doing a huge SSE wedding, found a new apartment & signed a lease, went kayaking and also went tubing with friends, and had an epic surprise going-away party thrown by my best friends! WHEW!!
I had known for a while that July would be a big month, and it certainly lived up to that. It’s hard to believe the month has come and gone now, and what an exciting, amazing, roller coaster of a month it has been! I’m currently in Charleston for a week for The School of Styling + a few days playing tourist with friends, and then I’ll head back to DC to finish packing up my house. I’m moving to Raleigh in just over a week & have a to-do list a mile long! I haven’t moved in six years, so it’s going to be quite the under-taking. I cannot wait to get the show on the road, and settle into a new chapter. (But… don’t get me started on how much I’m going to miss DC and my friends!!)
And on to my goals for August! I’ve decided to make both business and personal goals, and I’m excited to begin doing so…
1. Move to Raleigh, North Carolina!
2. Try not to cry too much when saying good bye to DC friends, and enjoy the last couple days in this incredible city I’ve called home for six years
3. Really and truly get back into a routine with exercise (tennis, running, and biking)
4. And cooking meals again
5. Find time to read at least four books – and get a new library card
6. Enjoy the process of decorating my new home without rushing into purchases or thinking it all has to be complete right away
7. Start looking for a new church home (any local recommendations?!)
8. Dig into the new Write the Word journal from the Lara Casey Shop
9. Start meeting new friends! I also want to join/start a supper club and a book club!
1. Assist at The School of Styling in Charleston and serve the attendees well
2. Pull off a fabulous wedding in Charlottesville later this month (I’m doing the full floral design, too!)
3. Officially make Stephanie Scholl Events an LLC
4. Connect, connect, connect!
5. Explore 17 Hats and decide if it’s the right fit for streamlining my business (any insight or recommendations, friends?)
6. Finish planning out a styled shoot for September & get rolling on a few new ones, too
7. Set up a functional, intentional, inspiring home office (finally! and with a desk!)
8. Set a schedule (and stick to it) for working from home/productivity/work-life balance
9. Bring 2016 brides on board with Stephanie Scholl Events!
10. Decide on client gifts and refine the SSE client experience
I think those are plenty of goals to begin with, and I’m looking forward to seeing what this month brings! I would love to cheer you on, too – link up to your goals, if you’d like!! And… what’s the one thing you’re most excited for in August?