Why hello, blog! It’s been a long time – by far my longest break – since updating this blog. I always thought that I’d have more time than ever to update my blog once I was a full-time wedding planner, but that has not proven to be the case these days! As I shared in my November goals post, November was perhaps the busiest month of my life, and I was out of town (in DC, Ohio, Charleston, Chicago, and NYC) for almost the entire month. Whew! And now December, my favorite month of the year, is here!!! I simply adore Christmastime, and it’s so hard to believe than the last month of 2015 is upon us.
As I briefly recap November, it’s hard to even think back to the beginning of the month. I had the Making Things Happen conference in Chapel Hill and the Creative at Heart conference in Charleston this month, and I cannot wait to share (much!) more about these two experiences with you soon! I visited my grandparents in Ohio, traveled to DC for a long weekend with some of my best friends, celebrated the too-short life of my dear cousin in Chicago with my extended family, and then had a fabulous week in NYC for Thanksgiving (and doing all things Christmas, of course!) with the family. I’ll (hopefully) share many more details about some of these trips, travels, and adventures in the coming weeks. Needless, to say, I’m glad I kept my goals fairly brief this past month, as it was more about survival – ha! I still need to open a business bank account, and I haven’t even begun to think about Christmas cards… and this is from the girl who makes/does calligraphy for her own cards every year and mails them out promptly on December 1st! There’s time, though!!
- Fully savor this season and plan time to rest and soak up the true meaning of Christmas. I want to intentionally be still, to focus on Advent, and to not rush too much to enjoy this most wonderful season. My December calendar is so, so full already (lots of wonderful events!), and I want to savor it all.
- Create new holiday traditions here in Raleigh and have lots of fun with friends! I loved all of my DC Christmas traditions, and it’s time to create new ones. I need to create my annual Christmas to-do list!
- Send Christmas cards.
- I’m hosting lots of fun things this month, and I always hope, more than anything, that my home is welcoming and inviting and a reflection of my heart.
- Find several meaningful ways to volunteer locally. Any suggestions, friends?
- Begin using my 2016 PowerSheets.
- I have a NYE wedding, which I’m oh so excited about. It’s time to finalize all the plans, do her calligraphy, create all the florals, and make sure I serve my bride and groom well this month!
- Execute a fabulous styled shoot with Amber Hatley Photography at the Parlour at Manns Chapel
I feel like I could add so many more goals to this list, but I really don’t want to overwhelm myself and will leave it at that! November was really wonderful in a lot of ways, but it left me a little tired. And now I’m ready to dive back into work and life in Raleigh! There are lots of fun projects and activities on the horizon, and I’m so very thankful for them. And I cannot wait to enjoy my favorite season of all, Christmas!
What are you gearing up for in December? I’d love to encourage you this month, too!
“And they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God with us.'” Matthew 1:23