I’m well known in my group of friends for having ambitious to-do lists for each season in DC (as I once did for Chapel Hill, too!). I think my friends know to expect a lengthy, ambitious email from me at the start of each season every year (Christmas is its own season, of course!). Though I occasionally get teased for the amount of things I set out to do, I know my friends deeply, deeply appreciate this list – right?!
If you’re ever looking for fun, adventurous, DC-centric, budget-friendly, or just plain awesome things to do in and around our nation’s capitol, I have just the To-Do List for you!
SPRING & SUMMER IN DC – 2013
- our own Kite Festival on the Mall – check!
- picnic + bocce on the Mall
- Cherry Blossoms + picnic – check!
- paddle boat on the Tidal Basin
- kayak on the Potomac – check!
- Farmer’s Market – check!
- Nat’s baseball game – check!
- host a backyard movie night
- outdoor film – check!
- plant an herb garden – check!
- and keep it alive – dead cilantro
- hike at Great Falls National Park – check!
- Jazz in the Sculpture Garden
- Top Golf
- Union Market
- tubing in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
- host a cookout/BBQ – check!
- country concert
- play tennis – check!
- Twilight Polo
- Roosevelt Island
- watch planes at Gravelly Point – check!
- go to a new vineyard
- bike on the W&OD Trail
- bake a pie using fresh fruit